PortBox2 is a RS-232 and RS-485 serial port to Ethernet converter. PortBox2 features a truly full RS-232 serial port (9-pin). The serial port converter can be connected to a PC over the LAN, with the serial port accessible in Windows as a Virtual Serial Port (VSP).
A built in web server is used for configuring. Using the free HW VSP3 application up to 100 remote serial ports can be connected to one PC.
RS-232 port of PortBox2 can be simultaneously used for data collecting (CDR/SMDR, PBX call accounting) and for remote access as Virtual Serial Port. Two devices can be connected in Box-2-Box mode. In this mode, the RS232/485 serial line is extended (tunneled) over the LAN.
• 1 x full serial port RS-232/485 with 9-bit communication support
• M2M communication protocols: http, Telnet, TCP Server, TCP Client/Server.
• Configuration via built-in web server, Telnet.
• RS-485 serial interface: up to 115,200 Bd.
• Free SW HW VSP3 : Virtual Serial Port for Windows (NT service, x64 systems). Supports up to 100 remote serial ports.
• Compatible with a range of third party SW
• Set includes LapLink Cable (2m)